LeezBlog

Personal reflections and creative expressions related to an endless, changing array of subjects including Yoga, Israel, Running, Spirituality, Travel and Life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

PHOTO Darbuka

Here is a photo of my new Darbuka. I bought it in the Old City of Jerusalem -- in the Arab shuk (market). I paid 110 shekels which is between 20 and 25 dollars. I still haven't decided whether to wrap it well and put it in checked baggage or carry it as my carry-on through Heathrow and O'Hare. Ugh.

I also picked up a few CD's with Middle-Eastern music all of which include great samples of darbuka-playing.

I think playing the darbuka is an excellent new hobby for this humble, middle-aged housewife. I draw the line at dreadlocks, however... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is pretty cool auntie! Hope you are having a great time. The photos and stories are great. Love ya.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to get your darbuka and my dembei together sometime and learn to drum....

-- Donna (from yoga class - thanks for the link!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

djembe that is - can't spell tonight at all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home